Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) provides a free or low-cost ride home from work in cases of emergency for commuters in the Commuter Club who make smart commute choices such as carpooling, vanpooling, public transit, bicycling and walking.
Guaranteed Ride Home is available up to six times per year for anyone actively participating in the Commuter Club program through iRideshare. Eligible users must commute to work using an eligible mode on the day of their request. Eligible modes include public transit, vanpool, carpool, bicycling and walking. A list of eligible uses and participants for the Guaranteed Ride Home incentive are described in the Policies section below.
How to Request a Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH)
- Review our Guaranteed Ride Home Policy below.
- Take a taxi, Uber, or Lyft (reimbursed up to $100). Make sure to save your receipt!
- Redeem 1 of 6 GRH vouchers at iRideshare.org by navigating to Incentives > Point Programs.
- Check your email for further instructions. Follow the link provided to submit your receipt for reimbursement.
Didn’t get the email? Click here to submit your receipt.
Guaranteed Ride Home Policy
- The day the Guaranteed Ride Home is taken, the user must have commuted to work by one of the following modes: carpool, vanpool, bus, bike or walk.
- The Guaranteed Ride Home must begin from the users worksite; however special exceptions may apply e.g. vanpool breaks down. All exceptions are considered on a case-by-case basis, considering factors such as past program use, tenure with the program, etc.
- Registered users are provided up to six (6) rides per fiscal year (July 1- June 30).
- Reimbursement requests without a receipt will not be honored.
- Reimbursement request must be submitted online at www.iRideshare.org > Incentives > Point Programs.
- Rideshare will reimburse up to $100 per ride.
- Any inappropriate use of the program will be at the users expense and jeopardize future eligibility of the program.
- Rideshare will only reimburse up to 20% of the total bill for gratuity on service.
- Rideshare will mail payments within two weeks to the user’s home address (unless otherwise specified in the request).
- Absolutely no rides originating from a residence will be reimbursed by this program.
- Illness or crisis of immediate family member (child, spouse, parent)
- Carpool or vanpool ride is unavailable due to illness or crisis of carpool/vanpool partner, unexpected changes in the driver’s schedule or vehicle breakdown
- Bicycle problem, including flat tire, mechanical failure, vandalism and theft or inclement weather
- Unscheduled overtime or late meeting (i.e. no advance warning they would have to work late)
Non eligible uses:
- Planned overtime
- Personal errands
- Medical or dental appointments
- Business-related travel
- Injury on the job
- Regional disasters, such as earthquake or flood
- Trips from home to work